[SlimDX] new engine video watershading

Started by
5 comments, last by mdx 13 years, 11 months ago
here ist a new video of my small SlimDX Engine. The video shows the simple vegetation shader and the enhanced lakewatershader... have fun :-)
">The Fallen Temple
Advertisement
Nice !

It would be handy if you could list the effects you've implemented and maybe a short background of the technique you used. I also liked your grass video, very nice stuff. I do have one critique though, and thats that the terrain is very very blocky, which lets the demo down.

curious though ... is that a skybox? or a procedural sky?
The terrain ist just a simple model for testing :-) so i think i must create a new one and textur it by shader...
the sky is a simple procedural sky.

The article for technical background will be released @wordpress, but still in german language...

so the basic technique to render the water is by creating a:
refractionmap, reflectionmap, a depthmap for waterfog and softedges.
specular is done by render a specularmap, bloom it and @by postprocess to scene.
Hey, that's really nice.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
\o/
Hey !! Thank you :-)
if someone has some webspace, the compiled demo could be released for downloading to watch it live.
So here is the updated Video with new terrain-model and terrainshading by height and normal value's...
have fun...

">The Fallen Temple 2

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement